Wednesday, February 2, 2011

feb2nd/11-ways to enhance memory

There are many different techniques people use to help enhance their memory to study for tests, and other things. Some techniques I use to help me remember is to repeat important facts over and over in my head until I fully remember it. I do this for everything I feel is important. Also, after I'm done studying I will ask a friend to ask me questions and I answer them. Moreover, having a friend ask me these questions is one of the best ways I remember things.

Also, if I'm remembering things like numbers I use a memory technique called "chunking," which is when you group numbers together in separate/smaller groups to help remember. Chunking is something we use a lot in our society today, but for different purposes. For example the most common use for chunking is with a phone number. (123-456-7899) Furthermore, a phone number would be hard to remember, but when you chunk things together in smaller groups it makes it much easier to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment